Ecommerce businesses have hundreds/thousands of orders every day. The store owner wants to change the order number string structure in Magento 2 for customer’s convenience and protect store information. In that case native Magento 2 has not functionality to customize order number string from the backend.
Magento 2 Custom Order Number Extension provides functionality to modify order number with the start counter number increment this number counter padding.
We can explain in detail that how it works:
- Start counter number set 001 than first-order numbered is 001.
- Counter increment for order number means is counter increments set 5 and order number is 001 then next order is 006.
- Number counter padding sets the total number of digits on the order number. For example, Number counter padding is set 5 and the order number is 77, the order number will display 00077 (5 digits).
Reset counter functionality is added which can reset order number daily, monthly or yearly automatically. This extension helps to set an order number for different store views as per country or region. Also, this helps to control real order numbers and mainly protect business information data.
Custom Order Number Magento 2 extension helps to reduce the workload with shorting order number. Using this extension admin can create easy to identify unique order numbers with store name, purchase date etc… This small management from the backend impresses the customer to the store sales.
- Reset order number daily, monthly or yearly automatically
- Set an order number for different store views as per country or region
- Control real order numbers and mainly protect business information data